Hey You!!! I’m so psyched about the new year, I’d like to think I’m not alone on this.
Hope you’ve taken stock of last year (that’s 2017 for those of us not yet up to date), hope you’ve reflected on your failures and successes, hope you’ve been able to sieve out mistakes and lessons, and above all, hope you’re now ready for the next step.
That said, I really hope this year will be your best yet, and I also hope You have started making deliberate plans and decisions to make that happen.
Anyways, to begin our year, today’s QUOTE is by one of the greats, the revolutionary who had a trans-generational dream.
“If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”
– Martin Luther King Jr.
You will have to make effort in order not to understand this. It sheds the light of truth without any shadows and amplifies the intended message.
WHATEVER YOU DO, MAKE SURE YOU NEVER STOP MOVING FORWARD
Make sure to incline your mind and body to motion and make sure to direct your motion to “forward”. Of course, you know it’s possible to be moving but not moving forward. This is about progress. It’s not about that comparison you’ve been doing between yourself and others, it’s not about that competition you’ve been in with others, it’s about YOU!
It’s about being better than the previous You, the You of yesterday, last month, last year. You don’t have to do it like others, you don’t have to have what they have, material things, talents, skills, connections, pedigree and so on. What you MUST have is a desire to move on to achieve your dreams, aspirations and visions. You must be able to put everything aside in order to get better.
Don’t live life randomly, take account of your actions, your efforts and your results. Do a self appraisal, find out if you’re doing enough or if what you’re doing is what you’re meant to be doing.
7 THINGS YOU MUST BE WILLING TO DO, TO MOVE FORWARD;
- Be willing to shed (weights, unproductive behaviors and toxic mindsets).
- Be willing to let some things go (unhelpful/ discouraging and negative people, unfruitful habits, etc).
- Be willing to unlearn (Don’t get stuck on something just cos you’ve always done it that way, be ready to change if there’s a better way).
- Be willing to sacrifice! (One of the laws in John Maxwell’s 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership states that “You must give up to go up”. It’s a principle, you can’t go around it).
- Be willing to encounter challenges (Don’t see problems, failures, criticisms and the likes as a dead end. Don’t see them as explosives, see them as tunnels that you must sometimes go through to get to where you need to be)
- Be willing to add value. As a matter of fact, stagnancy is largely an illusion. If you’re not moving forward I’m sure you can guess where you’re moving. Make it a point of duty to get better in everything about you, make deliberate plans to increase your worth by increasing your weight (intellectually and otherwise).
- Be willing to forget the past (a lot of people are not making progress because they are stuck to their past, their past achievements, successes, victories, failures, mistakes and misfortune. You need to let go of what happened in the past, whether good or bad, if you’re going to be motivated and propelled to move forward).
When you are willing to do these things and actually engage yourself to them, you’ll see progress like you’ve never imagined.
Your Forward motion is tied to your constant actions.
For this year and the rest of your life, please for greatness sake remember this…
It’s time to MOVE!!!
I Wish You a very HAPPY and SUCCESSFUL Year filled with progress on every side.
Jisike! (If you don’t know, Google the meaning, you’ll love it 😉)